Chemical conversion coating leaves no measurable build-up on the part and provides excellent corrosion resistance. In many paint or adhesive applications, chromate is used as a base for superior bonding. The coating is conductive and offered in yellow iridescent to clear iridescent. Electrical resistance increases with the darkness of the yellow color.
Applying chemical solution to clean aluminum produces a thin, gel-like film, which is an integral part of the metal itself, but converted to a non-metallic form.
Chemical treatments (sometimes called chemical film) produce effective paint bonds through molecular adhesions with the film being bound to the metal, in turn offering the same type of adhesion to the organic coating. The film lengthens the life of the paint, forming an effective barrier against corrosive attack through pores or scratches in the paint.
- MIL-DTL-81706B Type II, Class 3, Non Hexavalent Chromium
- MIL-C-5541 Class 1A & 3
- MIL-G-45204C-Type I or Type II Grade C
- ASTM B488 Type I or Type II Code C
- Industrial gold plating is often used for electrical conductivity. We can gold plate a variety of base metals. We specialize in gold plating aluminum.
- QQ-S-365D Type II or Type III Grade B
- ASTM B700 Type II or Type III Grade B or Grade D Class N
- Industrial silver plating is often used for its lubricity characteristics. Providing wear resistance on load bearing surfaces, or joining surfaces.
- Industrial copper plating can be used for surface hardening heat treatment masking, as an underlayment for other coatings, also as an anti-galling treatment for joining surfaces.
- MIL-C-26074 Classes 1 & 2 Grades A, B, & C
- ASTM-B733 Types I, IV, & V Classes 1, 3, 4, & 5
- Electroless nickel plating is used for its abrasion, wear, and corrosion resistance. It also provides a diffusion barrier that is used in gold plating.